Nutrition Coaching for Sport & Exercise Performance
During individual nutrition coaching sessions, Sheri assesses her clients’ current fueling and training practices in relation to their personal performance goals or concerns. She then identifies potential problem areas and educates her clients on the most effective patterns of food and fluid consumption, optimal total daily energy and nutrient intakes, and recommended timing of nutrients in relation to exercise.
Drawing from the latest sports and exercise science research, Sheri helps her clients design a fueling strategy to…
- Provide optimal energy for hard practices and competitions
- Maximize gains in lean body mass, strength, power, speed, and endurance
- Improve mental focus in practices and competitions
- Speed recovery
- Help prevent illness and injury
- Help prevent gut distress and cramping
- Prevent or reverse Overtraining Syndrome
- Manage weight (gain, lose, or maintain) in a healthy way
- Treat RED-S (Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport), formerly called the Female Athlete Triad
Sheri believes that quality food and sleep are the most undervalued performance enhancers in sport. While some sport supplements may slightly boost results, the dietary supplement industry is very poorly regulated, and some ingredients are unsafe or unknown. Sheri helps clients use “food first” to achieve their performance goals, with informed supplementation secondary, if needed or desired.